This journey is under construction. Please share resources and we will post. In the meantime, watch the Library of Congress’s History of School Gardens (and Fashion).
Activity 1 – Seeding
Activity 2 – Tending a Garden
Activity 3 – Reading and Writing in the Garden
Activity 4 – Mapping a School Garden
Activity 5 – Botanical Sketching
Activity 6 – Visitors to the school garden
Activity 7 – STEM in the garden
- One hundred years ago there were how many school gardens in each state?
- In the 21st century, it is estimated that how many schools have school gardens according to the library of Congress History of School Gardens?
- How can students learn math in a school garden?
- How can students learn langugae arts in a school garden?
- How do school gardens introduce science subjects?
- Food Culture
- Green Schools
- Growing food
- Natural Light
- Place Experience
- Pocket Parks
- Rain Gardens
- Rain Water Harvesting
- Simple Machines
- Site Analysis
- Tree Identification
- Vegetable gardens
- Vertical Farming
- Water Conservation