Poems make us smile. Some make us laugh. They can make us cry and be beautiful or silly. Poetry is musical in that their pleasure is listening to the sounds of the words spoken one after the other. Some poems even have rhythm like a musical score. The rhythm often helps us remember them. Words selected when writing poetry, are chosen carefully and thoughtfully. In the United States, April is Poetry Month. We share poems with each other and celebrate the beauty of the written word of poets from many centuries and many countries. We are all just a rhyme away from making beautiful sense of some moment in life! Make beautiful music and tell stories with poetry!
- I am a Poem
- Poetry Foundation
- TED Be a Slam Poet in Five Steps
- TEDed Poetic Experiement: Walt Whitman interpretated
- TEDed What Makes a Poem a Poem?
- TEDed Why Shakespeare Loved Iambic Pentameter
- Video Resonance
- Video Teacher Channel Poetry Workshop (free log in)
- Video Two Ways to Animate Slam Poetry